Monday, October 13, 2008

 

A letter of response to the Brainwashed of the Country....

Well, lets see, most all the White guys that have sat in the Oval office for the last 200+ years have been RACIST so why not try another kind of RACIST there. What could it hurt? Their characters were never questioned from this standpoint until you got to George Wallace and then Racism was no longer tolerated by the MAJORITY of Americans. So now we do our RACISM below board, just like Barack is now according to this email. So let's sit back and enjoy another RACIST in the oval office. Maybe Barack will favor Black people and then they will get rich like their White neighbors across town and then maybe they will not be on welfare.
Phillip Wister MFT

---- Original message ----
>Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 11:07:30 -0700
>From: Sandra Graham
>Subject: Please Read
>To: Bill Fratus ,Bonny Roberts ,Brian Graham ,Camille Coulter ,Cheryl Loring ,Christina Veltkamp ,Denise McDonald ,Donna Haggerty ,Gene & Linda Henrich ,Jeri & Ron Green ,Jim & Lynette Gibson ,Kent Graham ,Linda Trotter ,Mike & Donna Berry ,Phillip Wister ,Rai McGee ,Renee Kenyon ,Rod Ballou ,Sharon Varness ,"sundertease61@yahoo.com" ,Tammy Krumvieda ,Tammy Srch ,Tosha Casagrande ,Val Vigil ,Wendy Payne ,Wendy Saffold
>
> ------------------------------------------------
>
> For all of you who still think this man is not a
> racist and a Christian read some of the excepts from
> his books. Sandra
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> From Dreams of My Father:'I ceased to advertise my
> mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began
> to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating
> myself to whites.'
>
> From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in
> nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and
> animosity against my mother's race.'
>
> From Dreams of My Father:'There was something
> about him that made me wary, a little too sure of
> himself, maybe. And white.'
>
> From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary
> to prove which side you were on, to show your
> loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and
> name names.'
>
> From Dreams of My Father:'I never emulate white
> men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my
> own. It was into my father's image, the black man,
> son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes
> I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and
> Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'
>
>
>
> And FINALLY the Most Damning one of ALL of them!!!
>
> From Audacity of Hope:'I will stand with the
> Muslims should the political winds shift in an
> ugly direction.'
>
> * If you have never forwarded an e-mail, now is
> the time to Do so!!! We CANNOT have someone with
> this type of mentality running our GREAT nation!!
> I don't care whether you a Democrat or a
> Conservative. We CANNOT turn ourselves over to
> this type of character in a President. PLEASE help
> spread the word

Comments:
The alleged quotes from his books cited here are almost all alterations, deliberate distortions, or even outright fabrications of Obama's words. The smears have all been debunked here:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/invite/therealquote
http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_obama_write_that_he_would_stand.html
http://snopes.com/politics/obama/ownwords.asp

Here are a few facts about Barack and his books that people should know:

Dreams from My Father is a thoughtful, genuine look at family and race in America that Ontheissues.org calls: "the book to read if you want to understand Obama's personal background and how it forms his character. It was written while he was still only an obscure State Senator -- written in his spare time, without a ghost writer, while struggling to make ends meet on a state senator's salary."

One of the seemingly offensive quotes from these smear emails is really taken from this passage, a touching meditation on the difficulties bi-racial people have balancing two identities: "When people who don't know me well, black or white, discover my background (and it is usually a discovery, for I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of twelve or thirteen, when I began to suspect I was ingratiating myself to whites), I see the split-second adjustments they have to make, the searching of my eyes for some telltale sign. They no longer know who I am."

On March 18th, 2008, Barack concluded a landmark speech on race in America with a stirring reminder that we all depend on each other here: "[W]hat is called for is nothing more, and nothing less, than what all the world's great religions demand -- that we do unto others as we would have them do unto us. Let us be our brother's keeper, Scripture tells us. Let us be our sister's keeper. Let us find that common stake we all have in one another, and let our politics reflect that spirit as well."
 
Jessica, thank you for your elaboration. I will transfer it to my other blog. This was just a hatchet job of an attack and I think some of the American people could see right through this kind of propaganda. The others still think that Sadam was in bed with AlQueda.......
Thanks for your comment.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


mesothelioma