Monday, March 27, 2006
The Betrayal Trail of the Disasterpresident: How the Pretzel sold out America and the Republicans in four years.
1. To give aid or information to an enemy of; commit treason against: betray one's country.
2. To deliver into the hands of an enemy in violation of a trust or allegiance: betrayed Christ to the Romans.
3. To be false or disloyal to: betrayed their cause; betray one's better nature.
4. To divulge in a breach of confidence: betray a secret.
5. To make known unintentionally: Her hollow laugh betrayed her contempt for the idea.
6.To reveal against one's desire or will.
7. To lead astray; deceive.
I especially like 2 because it puts the disasterpresident squarely with Judas.
It has only recently gotten out that the disasterpresident has been spying on Americans within our own borders without warrant. This was set in statute to be illegal after it became a tool of the Nixon White House(another Traitor). As brazen as this seems, the justification is that we are in a War. Well, Nixon was in a War also, the end of the Viet Nam War, the Cold War. Congress made it illegal because it goes against the very fiber of FREEDOM as we know it.
1. The condition of being free of restraints.
2. Liberty of the person from slavery, detention, or oppression.
1. Political independence.
2. Exemption from the arbitrary exercise of authority in the performance of a specific action; civil liberty: freedom of assembly.
4. Exemption from an unpleasant or onerous condition: freedom from want.
5. The capacity to exercise choice; free will: We have the freedom to do as we please all afternoon.
6. Ease or facility of movement: loose sports clothing, giving the wearer freedom.
7. Frankness or boldness; lack of modesty or reserve: the new freedom in movies and novels.
1. The right to unrestricted use; full access: was given the freedom of their research facilities.
2. The right of enjoying all of the privileges of membership or citizenship: the freedom of the city.
9. A right or the power to engage in certain actions without control or interference: “the seductive freedoms and excesses of the picaresque form” (John W. Aldridge).
This seems to be another definition the pretzel does not know.
Before the American People were committed to War(the pretzel claims he is the War president as opposed to the disasterpresident),we were told about WMD, mushroom clouds, Al Qaeda in Iraq, imminent threat, biological weapons, and of course the evils of Dictatorship and wonders of Democracy.
We were told in the state of the Union address that Iraq had tried to buy yellow cake uranium from Niger. Ambassador Wilson, an honorable man with 23 years of service to the country, a Republican, and a patriot, was sent to Niger before this speech to investigate this British intelligence report that turned up in the hands of the disastervicepresident. Evidently, Darth Cheney did not like the TWO previous reports done the prior month on the same subject by the current Ambassador and a Marine Corps General. Ambassador Wilson felt to do his job he would set aside previous information, make all the contacts he knew there to determine for himself what the real story was. He found no attempt by Iraq to buy yellow cake uranium. Further, the CIA had discredited the British Intelligence report. This happened long before the State of the Union speech in 2003. The disasterpresident went before Congress and the American People and betrayed all of us by LYING.
1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
2. Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.
This lie led to more truth telling by Patriotic Americans. Ambassador Wilson published an eloquent article elaborating the truth of the uranium from Niger. For his trouble, his wife, an undercover CIA operative working on Mideast affairs, was exposed to the world stage. It was this Administration, unabashedly the most secretive, tight lipped bunch of politicians to hold the office, that exposed an intelligence asset and whomever she was working with to the world. In a military court the betrayal of ones country is called TREASON punishable by death.
1. Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.
2. A betrayal of trust or confidence.
Lets look at other areas where the disasterpresident finds ways to utilize these definitions.
New Orleans was a wonderful, diverse, colorful city, with a strong heritage in music and good food. Generations of people worked and lived to make it a jewel of the South. They paid their taxes. What did they get for being part of the greatest country on Earth, they got ignored. They were left for days to fend for themselves in the worst hurricane disaster seen in this century by all independent accounts.
We were told by the disasterpresident that they did not know what was going on. We were told Brownie was doing a good job, and then was outed. The now infamous video that shows one of many conferences with the disasterpresident presiding over the reporting of subordinates the severity of the storm and damage to the area. Yet it is this same information that the disasterpresident and his minions continue to deny ever having heard. This is just another way to say, LYING. (see definition above)
Another definition that fits right in with BETRAYAL is, FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY.
1. Of or relating to government expenditures, revenues, and debt: a fiscal policy of incurring budget deficits to stimulate a weak economy.
2. Of or relating to finance or finances.
1. The state, quality, or fact of being responsible.
2. Something for which one is responsible; a duty, obligation, or burden.
The Republican party has always prided itself on having this in their platform. A balanced budget is good for the country. Yet the disasterpresident has never submitted a balanced budget. He has never vetoed a spending measure from the Republican dominated Congress. In fact, he has managed to outpace even Reagan in building up the national debt. That is some feat when you are on vacation from your job almost twice the amount of time as Reagan. Republican friends loved Reagan when he did this. They somehow feel betrayed by the disasterpresident.
What he has done is preside over the country during the largest percentage profits by corporations in our history. He has cut taxes to the rest of us, and made a few people, especially Halliburton, very wealthy. Although the Republicans stand behind their corporations, right or wrong, they are all looking at the building deficit in disbelief. They feel betrayed.
Now it is election season. 2006 is the big year. Everything that the disasterpresident has done is unpopular. Everything has turned sour, even the 'I can protect you better' idea has faded. The War on Terror no longer has the boogeyman effect, sending millions of mindless Americans scurrying to the Pretzel for protection. Republicans everywhere are looking for space between themselves and the disasterpresident. Arabs owning our ports? 'NO WAY' say the born again Republicans who happen to be up for election. As everyone said, security would be its same old lax self, thanks to the disasterpresident doing nothing since the attack on New York in 2001. The only thing that would change is the family bank account because most of their financial interests lay in the UAE and the gulf states. So the disasterpresident thought this was a fine idea.
The brave new world for Republicans is that they have been on the yellow brick road, following a guy that had no heart, brains, courage, or soul. He has betrayed their values by overspending their money with nothing to show. He has sent their sons and daughters to a War no one wanted (but a few Neocons) to die needlessly. He has encouraged our enemies by his inflammatory religious rhetoric. He has destroyed the Worlds faith in the American people through bullying diplomacy. He has fostered and nurtured TREASON by his administration. He has consistently LIED to the Congress and the American people and continues to do so unrestrained by a gutless Congress. Where is the checks and balances. I will tell you, they are in the Bank accounts of prominent Republican leaders in congress. The disasterpresident has made sure just enough people get their kickback from the rich lobbyists and the Enrons of the world to be happy.
It is up to the American people who have been betrayed, the Republicans who have been betrayed, to stand up and bring fairness, compromise, honesty, patriotism and responsibility back to the Congress and the country in 2006.
If this happens, you will hear a huge sigh of relief from around the world.